To obtain a copy of your radiology medical records, you or your representative must download and fill out a written authorization to release medical information, and fax, email, or send it to the location where you had your exam.
1. Fill Out An Authorization to Disclose Medical Information
Forms can be downloaded as a fillable PDF but must include a signature of the patient/representative.
- Authorization to Disclose Medical Information (English)
- Authorization to Disclose Medical Information (Spanish)
- Authorization to Disclose Medical Information (Chinese)
Please indicate whether you are requesting radiology reports, images, or both. For radiology reports only, specify the date of service (date you had the exam) as well as the type of exam. This can be indicated on the release form where it asks to specify information to be released. If you require images as well, then check off "CD".
2. Fax, Mail, or Email Form to the Medical Records Department
Once you have completed the release form it can be faxed, emailed, or mailed back to the medical records department of the location where your exam was conducted.
ColumbiaDoctors/NewYork-Presbyterian Imaging Midtown*
- Diagnostic Radiology phone: 212-326-8518
- Interventional Radiology phone: 212-326-8874
- Fax number: 212-326-8529
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing address is 51 W. 51st Street, Suite 300, New York, NY 10019 ATTN: Medical Records Radiology
ColumbiaDoctors MRI Center
- Email address: email@example.com
- Mailing address: 710 W 168th St Box 108, New York, NY 10032 ATTN: Medical Records Radiology
ColumbiaDoctors PET Center
- Phone: 212-342-2899 option 4
- Mailing/Pick up address: 722 West 168th Street Floor R1, New York, NY 10032 ATTN: Medical Records Radiology
- Phone: 646-317-3352
- Fax number 646-317-3360
- Mailing Address: 155 White Plains Rd, Suite W100, Tarrytown, NY 10591 ATTN: Medical Records Radiology
*Locations provide next day delivery for a fee, please call the office to coordinate delivery. Hours of operation vary by location, so please call ahead to confirm your pick up time.
3. Pick up or Receive Records By Fax
You have various options to receive your records.
- Pickup: If you would like to pick up your record, write "self" on the release form where it states "Name or Address to whom this information will be sent", and then in parentheses state “pickup” and the date you are picking up the record. Please note that for same day pickups we require the release form to be completed in advance. Please note that for pickup of records, proper identification is required such as photo I.D/driver’s license. If someone else is picking up on your behalf, please ensure that his or her name is on the release form and that they have proper identification with them. The hours of operation for picking up records are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Faxed: If you want the report faxed please indicate the name and fax number on the release form of the person to whom you want the report faxed to. Radiology does not provide reports/images in the following formats: email, DVD, flashdrive, and/or mychart NYP.
Medical Records FAQ
Parents and guardians of minors (under the age of 18) can request copies of their child’s record and sign the authorization. However, in New York State, if a minor receives services obtained without their parents’ or guardian’s consent (medical services related to treatment for alcohol and drug abuse, pregnancy and pregnancy services, sexual assault, family planning, sexually transmitted diseases, and outpatient mental health treatment and counseling), those specific records will not be released to the parent or guardian unless the minor consents. For questions about this specific rule, please contact the Privacy Officer at HIPAA@columbia.edu or 212-305-7315.
If you want the records sent to your address or to a particular address please indicate the full
address on the release form where it states name and address of person to whom this
information is sent. All records are sent via Postal Service. Delivery time can take up to 7-10
business days depending upon your location.
We do provide UPS next day service for a fee of $10.00. Payment to ship records via UPS
can be made over the phone. Please contact our medical records department if you would like
your records sent out next day air via UPS. We can be reached at 212-326-5632 (W51st) or
The turnaround time to fulfill medical record request is normally 7-10 days. If you have an
urgent request for an upcoming appointment please contact our office directly so that we can
expedite your request. Please note that for records that are requested from 6-7 years ago may
require us to retrieve it offsite from storage which may extend the time to complete your
Contact the specific medical records office, all information listed above.
Radiology images are available on CDs only. If you require pathology slides
please contact the pathology department at 212-305-6719. Please note that Radiology does
not have pathology slide capability and are unable to produce slides from this location.