Cost Estimate Process
Radiology Cost Estimate Request
Prior to IRB approval, cost estimates need to be finalized for all radiology resources. There are two versions of the Radiology Cost Estimate request form:
|Study has Standard of Care (SOC) radiological procedures for an indication for which the radiological procedure is FDA approved. This form is utilized for SOC procedures performed in NewYork-Presbyterian (NYP) Radiology (multiple locations at NYPH) and Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC) Radiology (MRI Center at Neurology Institute Basement, and the PET Center).||Rad Cost Estimate Request SOC or NYP|
|Study requires radiological procedures for an indication other than one for which there is FDA approval, purely for research purposes, or requires the use of an experimental tracer,||Radiology Cost Estimate Form AOT||
For NIH/Foundation studies that require RASCAL-PT approval from Radiology
- Please allow sufficient time for review of the cost estimate form and documents.
- At the time of cost estimate submission, and initial budget review, please submit the cost estimate form for review as above. Once the cost estimate has been finalized, the radiology budget and justification will need to be sent to the radiology personnel who finalized the cost estimate. You will also need to add radiology department approvers onto your RASCAL-PT:
- for CUMC radiology department approval: please add Rae Vagg
- for NYP radiology department approval: please add Kate Spaziani
Prior to the start of the study
When funding is approved, approximately one month prior to first subject scan, please contact the appropriate technical directors/contacts of the radiological centers for a start-up meeting with the following information:
- IRB #, PI name, protocol, imaging guidelines or manual, IRB approval, JRSC packet and approval, chart string
- Review of the imaging guidelines and protocol by the Research protocols have to be built into the scanner by the radiologist.
- A cost estimate when finalized is only valid for one sponsor/grant. In the event that there is a change in sponsor, funding source, or grant submission, the cost estimate will have to be re-submitted and finalized with the Department of Radiology.
- The cost estimate is only valid for the procedures to be done as per the protocol provided for review at the time of the CER request. A change in protocol would require an amended cost estimate.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.