Dr. Akinrinola Famuyide is an assistant professor of radiology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center and an assistant attending radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital. He completed his medical degree at the University of British Columbia Faculty of Medicine and diagnostic radiology residency training at Foothills Medicals Centre at the University of Calgary, where he served as chief resident. He then went on to complete a neuroradiology fellowship at Columbia University Irving Medical Center/NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and after fellowship joined the Department of Radiology as a faculty member.
Dr. Famuyide is experienced in all aspects of neuroimaging and has a clinical focus in non-vascular neurointerventional procedures and head and neck imaging. He is a member of the Radiological Society of North America, American Society of Neuroradiology, American Society of Head and Neck Radiology, and Spine Intervention Society.
Dr. Famuyide’s current academic interests encompass head and neck imaging, neuro-oncologic imaging, imaging techniques, and a passion for fellow, resident, and medical student education.
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Aspiration Biopsy
- Computed Tomography Angiography (CTA)
- Image Guided Biopsies
- Magnetic Resonance Angiography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Neuro Imaging
- Assistant Professor of Radiology at CUMC
- Co-Director, Head and Neck Imaging
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
Schedule an Appointment
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- MD, 2011 University of British Columbia Faculty of Medicine
- Residency: 2019 University of Calgary/Foothills Medical Centre
- Fellowship: 2020 NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical C