Cost Estimate Process
Radiology Cost Estimate Request
Prior to IRB approval, a cost estimate needs to be finalized for all radiology services. Please request a cost estimate for your project using our online form.
For NIH/Foundation Studies that Require RASCAL-PT Approval From Radiology
- Please allow sufficient time for review of the cost estimate form and documents.
- At the time of cost estimate submission, and initial budget review, please submit the cost estimate form for review as above. Once the cost estimate has been finalized, the radiology budget and justification will need to be sent to the radiology personnel who finalized the cost estimate. You will also need to add radiology department approvers onto your RASCAL-PT:
- For CUIMC radiology department approval: please add Irina Mitsengendler (Uni: im24)
- For NYP radiology department approval: please add Michelle Perez (Uni: amp2218)
Prior to Start of the Study
When funding is approved, approximately one month prior to first subject scan, please contact the appropriate technical directors/contacts of the radiological centers for a start-up meeting with the following information:
- IRB #, PI name, protocol, imaging guidelines or manual, IRB approval, JRSC packet and approval, chart string
- Review of the imaging guidelines and protocol by the research protocols have to be built into the scanner by the radiologist.
- A cost estimate when finalized is only valid for one sponsor/grant. In the event that there is a change in sponsor, funding source, or grant submission, the cost estimate will have to be re-submitted and finalized with the Department of Radiology.
- The cost estimate is only valid for the procedures to be done as per the protocol provided for review at the time of the CER request. A change in protocol would require an amended cost estimate.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.