Boyu Peng, MS
Boyu Peng is a medical physicist in Department of Radiology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian. His background and training has been in medical imaging physics, imaging detector simulation, and image processing. He is interested in developing novel techniques for radiation dose estimation, disease detection, classification, and evaluation. His research is focused on radiation dose modeling and optimization, feature segmentation in medical imaging, and deep learning models for radiation dose estimation, as well as disease and risk prediction.
- Associate in Clinical Radiology
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- MS, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Residency: Stony Brook University Medical Center
Peer Reviewed Papers
1. Peng, B., Jambawalikar, S.R., Einstein, A. J. An analytic method for calculating scanner-, kVp- and patient size- specific Hounsfield Unit scale thresholds for Agatston Score. Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography. (Accepted for publication on Jan 4th 2022)
2. Trattner, S., Halliburton, S., Thompson, C.M., Xu, Y., Chelliah, A., Jambawalikar, S.R., Peng, B., Peters, M.R., Jacobs, J.E., Ghesani, M. and Jang, J.J., 2018. Cardiac-specific conversion factors to estimate radiation effective dose from dose-length product in computed tomography. JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging, 11(1), pp.64-74.
3. Howansky, A., Peng, B., Lubinsky, A. R., & Zhao, W. (2017). Deriving depth?dependent light escape efficiency and optical Swank factor from measured pulse height spectra of scintillators. Medical physics, 44(3), 847-860.
4. Lu, Y., Peng, B., Lau, B. A., Hu, Y. H., Scaduto, D. A., Zhao, W., & Gindi, G. (2015). A scatter correction method for contrast-enhanced dual-energy digital breast tomosynthesis. Physics in Medicine & Biology, 60(16), 6323.
1. Wang, S., Peng, B., & Jambawalikar, S. (2019, June). A Simple Method to Estimate the System, Patient Size and Projection Specific Dose Conversion Coefficients for Coronary Angiography Procedures. In MEDICAL PHYSICS (Vol. 46, No. 6, pp. E518-E519). 111 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN 07030-5774, NJ USA: WILEY.
2. Peng, B, Zhang,S, Klein,M, Liu,M, Wang,S, Jambawalikar,S, Site, Age Group, and Model - Specific Radiation Dose Estimation for Radiograph, CT, and Nuclear Medicine Exams. Radiological Society of North America 2018 Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting, November 25 - November 30, 2018, Chicago IL. archive.rsna.org/2018/18011229.html Accessed July 14, 2021
3. Zhang, S., Peng, B., Jambawalikar, S., Einstein, A., Lin, T., Liu, M., ... & Al-Senan, R. (2017). Experimental Validation of Radimetrics Estimated Organ Doses in Computed Tomography Examinations Using Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistor Detector in Phantom Measurements: SU-K-201-08. Medical Physics, 44(6).
4. Lin, T., Peng, B., Zhang, S., Liu, M., & Al-Senan, R. (2017). Investigation of NanoDot OSLD Correction Factors in Different Clinical Settings: SU-H1-GePD-I-05. Medical Physics, 44(6).
5. Howansky, A., Peng, B., Lubinsky, A., & Zhao, W. (2016). TH?CD?207B?06: Swank Factor of Segmented Scintillators in Multi?Slice CT Detectors: Pulse Height Spectra and Light Escape. Medical Physics, 43(6Part46), 3890-3890.
6. Howansky, A., Peng, B., Suzuki, K., Yamashita, M., Lubinsky, A. R., & Zhao, W. (2015, March). Investigation of the screen optics of thick CsI (Tl) detectors. In Medical Imaging 2015: Physics of Medical Imaging (Vol. 9412, p. 94120G). International Society for Optics and Photonics.
7. Lu, Y., Peng, B., Scaduto, D. A., Zhao, W., & Gindi, G. (2014, November). Application of the ordered-subsets transmission reconstruction algorithm to contrast-enhanced dual-energy digital breast tomosynthesis. In 2014 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference (NSS/MIC) (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
8. Peng, B., Lubinsky, A., Teymurazyan, A., Zheng, H., & Zhao, W. (2014). SU?E?I?11: Cascaded Linear System Model for Columnar CsI Flat Panel Imagers with Depth Dependent Gain and Blur. Medical Physics, 41(6Part4), 132-132.