Salary and Benefits
Residents receive a competitive salary and full benefits from NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Residents receive a $3,000 stipend, paid in 2 installments approximately six months apart.
Various opportunities for supplemental income are available during PGY3 to PGY5 years.
All first-year residents are provided with an iPad and an electronic Kindle copy of Core Radiology textbook. An annual book fund and institutional subscription to StatDx is provided for all residents. Additional departmental benefits include funding for:
- American Board of Radiology examination fees
- AFIP full course tuition with $1800 housing stipend as well as an additional one week review course (Duke, UCSF, UCSD)
- Huda Physics review course
- Coverage for travel and meeting expenses for presentation of research
- Membership in the New York Roentgen Ray Society
Residents are given four weeks of paid vacation, taken in 2 week blocks as a first-year resident, with the option of taking a combination of 1 week blocks up to a single 4 week block in subsequent years.
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital provides thirty days of paid maternity leave and three days of paid paternity leave for both births and adoptions. Thirty days of paid family or medical leave are also provided.