Xiaotao Guo, PhD
Dr. Guo has been developing semi-automatic and automatic image analysis methods to aid efficient and reliable obtaining of quantitative imaging biomarkers. He has been working on a series of advanced image analysis algorithms, based on conventional and/or AI methods, for reliable and efficient segmentation of almost all solid tumors, as well as tissues and organs at various sites on CT and MR images. He is interested in developing deep learning-based technology that is more interpretable and explainable to radiologists.
- Associate Research Scientist
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- PhD, 2008 Biomedical Engineering, Shanghai Jiaotong University (China)
- Computational Image Analysis
- Image Segmentation
- Medical Image Lossless Watermarking
1. Menze BH, Jakab A, Bauer S, …, Guo X, etc. The multimodal brain tumor image segmentation benchmark (BRATS). IEEE Trans Med Imaging. 2015 Oct; 34(10):1993-2024.
2. C.G. Filippi, A.M. El-Ali, V.Z. Miloushev, D.S. Chow, X. Guo, and B. Zhao. Computer-Assisted Volumetric Measurement of Core Infarct Volume in Pediatric Patients: Feasibility for Clinical Use and Development of Quantitative Metrics for Outcome Prediction. Am. J. Neuroradiol. 2015 Apr; 36(4):789-94
3. De Marchis GM, Filippi CG, Guo X, Pugin D, Gaffney CD, Dangayach N, Suwatcharangkoon S, Falo MC, Schmidt JM, Agarwal S, Connolly ES Jr, Claassen Jan, Zhao B, Mayer SA (2014). Brain Injury Visible on Early MRI after Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Might Predict Neurological Impairment and Functional Outcome. Neurocritical Care. 2015 Feb; 22(1):74-81.
4. Chow DS, Qi J, Guo X, Miloushev VZ, Iwamoto FM, Bruce JN, Lassman AB, Schwartz LH, Lignelli A, Zhao B, Filippi CG. Semi-automated volumetric measurement on post contrast MR imaging for analysis of recurrent and residual disease in glioblastoma multiforme. Am. J. Neuroradiol.2014 Mar; 35(3):498-503.
5. Cohen A., Dempster D, Recker R, Lappe J, Zhou H, Zwahlen A, MÃ¼ller R, Zhao B, Guo X, Lang T, Saeed I, Liu X, Guo X-E, Cremers S, Rosen C, Stein E, Nickolas T., McMahon D, Young P, Shane E. Abdominal fat is associated with lower bone formation and inferior bone quality in healthy premenopausal women: A transiliac bone biopsy study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Jun; 98(6):2562-72.
6. Leinwand J, Zhao B, Guo X, Krishnamoorthy S, Qi J, Schwartz LH, Taub RN. Quantitative X-ray computed tomography peritoneography in malignant peritoneal mesothelioma patients receiving intraperitoneal chemotherapy. Ann Surg Oncol. 2013 Dec; 20 Suppl 3:S553-9.
7. Levy M, Frymann J, Kirby J, Fedorov A, Fennessy F, Eschrich S, Berglund A, Fenstermacher D, Tan Y, Guo X, Casavant T, Brown B, Braun T, Dekker A, Roelofs E, Mountz J, Boada F, Laymon C, Oborski M, and Rubin D. Informatics Methods to Enable Sharing of Quantitative Imaging Research Data. Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 2012 Nov; 30(9):1249-56.
8. Jiang LJ, Guo X, Yang H, Zhao J, Zhuang TG. Threshold controlled scheme of difference expansion techniques for reversible watermarking. Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Science), 2010; 15 (5), pp. 541-548.
9. Guo X, Zhuang TG. Lossless watermarking for verifying the integrity of medical images with tamper localization. J Digit Imaging, 2009 Dec; 22(6):620-8.
10. Guo X, Zhuang TG. A region-based lossless watermarking scheme for enhancing security of medical data. J Digit Imaging, 2009 Mar; 22(1):53-64.